Monday, September 26, 2011

Knitting, knitting, KNITTING...

Did I mention I've been knitting? My Grandma Elaine is going to be my first paying customer!! I'm making her a baby blanket, for her to give to a friend of her's for their new granddaughter. I FINALLY finished the blanket yesterday, but I thought that the baby was a boy, so now that I know it's a girl, I'm adding a few finishing touches to make it more "baby/baby girl" and I'm going to send it off tomorrow. I really like it, think it's super cute! Plus, I finished a little something extra to go with it. I hope they like it! I will post pictures after she gets it, so I don't ruin the surprise of her getting it in the mail. =]
On another note -
I dyed my hair and I love the new color!! I haven't seen the color in the direct sunlight yet, but I think it's going to be BRIGHT!!
Here it is before. I was kinda faded dark brown with red highlights. And because my hair is so short and grows so fast, it was growing out to boring brown really quickly.
During.... MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!! I could NOT believe how bright this dye was on my head!! It was so odd!
And this is right after I rinsed out the dye and before I conditioned. I think the color faded a little from this color, since I rinsed it again in the shower before I conditioned it. I still like it though! I will have to run outside and take a few pictures of how bright it is in direct sunlight, for reference.
I'm also growing out my hair for the foreseeable future. Last time I went and got it cut, the lady hacked it all off and it was so short that it stopped curling. I want it to be like it was when I first got it cut a while ago, and to do that I think I will have to grow it out a little before I get it cut again. So the hubby and I have joked that I will be rocking the 60's shag for the next month or two.. But, we have also discussed both of us making major hair changes on January first, and one of the things I have been thinking is rocking a curly do on top, with buzzed sides.. I'm not sure though.. I also like - Meg Ryan or  Jennifer Nettles. We will have to see!! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment