Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week Three Weigh In & Devils Food Peanut Butter Cookies

Not a good week.. lol This past week was not good for my diet or exercise. My hubby and I ate out more than we should've, and I didn't work out a single time. It was just an off week. So, needless to say, I gained weight. But I'm not beating myself up over it. This coming week, I'm just going to try and do better. It's Thanksgiving, so TRY is the right word at the moment. =]

Starting Weight - 255.8
Week One -       253.4
Week Two -       252.2
Week Three -     257.0
Gained -             4.8lb


That was my weight Monday morning when I woke up. I weighed myself again this morning, and was 256.0. So I think that part of my weight at the start of the week might've been water and being "that time of the month" almost. So, hopefully next week is a better week. I'm working on it! =] Now, on to the recipe of the week!




Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients
1 Pkg. devil's food cake mix
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup water
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter chips

DirectionsHeat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, peanut butter, water and eggs. By hand, stir with spoon until dough is formed. Stir in chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart, on cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove, place on cooling rack and cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies

Notes
I found a sugar-free devil's food cake mix, it has less sugar, less carbs and less calories. =]
I used a No Stir, Natural Peanut Butter - I think the lack of oil made to cookies a little dry. So I would recommend using normal peanut butter or adding a little oil while you're combining ingredients.
I didn't use the peanut butter chips, as I forgot to buy them, but I didn't miss them either.

These cookies are good! A little dry, like I said, but even better the next day. =] I'll definitely be making them again, I'm even thinking about adding some peppermint oil or maybe some peppermint chips. Yumm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment