Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My newest creations...

Monster wreaths!! I had this idea a few weeks ago, when I realized that I had this yarn I received for free that I just couldn't knit with! It was way to thin and slippery on my knitting needles. So, I was like "wait a minute! Wouldn't this furry yarn be so cute for a monster wreath for Halloween??" and VOILA!! Monster wreath was born! I made mine just the other day (so quick and easy!) and then my mother-in-law asked for one the same day! So here are the two I have made!

 This green one is mine, so furry and soft!!

And then this one is for my mother-in-law. Her front door is green, so she asked for orange. Love it!! 

QUICK TUTORIAL - I bought a wreath form at hobby lobby and some furry yarn. (One skein was 130 yards and I have just a little bit leftover.) I tied the yarn to one side and then just started wrapping it until I couldn't see the white wreath form underneath anymore. Then I tied the yarn and cut the end. I cut the horns, teeth and eye parts out of felt, then I used craft glue to glue the felt to pieces of white cardstock, to keep it sturdy. After the glue dried, I cut around the felt and hot glued everything to the wreath. I used a bit of leftover yarn, braided and hot glued to the back, to hang it. VOILA!! A monster wreath!! =]

I WAS FEATURED AT Two Yellow Birds Decor & Rae Gun Ramblings!! 
THANKS SO MUCH!! =]

I'm linking up!! =] Two Yellow BirdsRae Gun RamblingsFunky Polkadot GiraffeA Pretty Life In The SuburbsSix Sisters Stuff, The Gunny Sack, Or So She Says, One Creative MommyNavy Wife Peters =]  

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Super simple to make too! =] Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. This wreath is SO fun! Love love it!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! =] It was so much fun to make too!

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha!! This monster wreath is the cutest thing ever!!! We absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing it on our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I enjoy sharing it! Thanks for hosting Strut Your Stuff! =]

      Delete
  4. Awesome idea! These are so clever. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just jumped over and linked up to your site. Thanks for the visit and comment!

      Delete
  5. These are adorable...I mean, totally scary. I love them! I would love to have you stop by 'Or so she says...' and share some of your great ideas at the link party, going on right now (every Sat-Tues). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's totally adorkable! =] I hopped over to link up at your site! Thank you for the visit and comment!

      Delete
  6. Cute! I just did my kids room friendly monster themed. I might have to make one for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds adorable! A friend of mine has a monsters nursery theme, I didn't even think of making a wreath for inside! Thanks for stopping by! =]

      Delete
  7. Ha ha! These are too cute and fun!! My son would really like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were so much fun to make too! I posted the quick tutorial if you want to make one too, or I'm selling them! =] Thank for the comment and visit!

      Delete
  8. These wreaths are so cool and so cute! I'd love for you to share them at my new linky party. I hope you'll stop by my blog and link up! :-)

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-1-linky-party_7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to stop by and check it out! Thanks for the view and comment! =]

      Delete
  9. These are absolutely adorable!!! What a fun decor for Halloween! Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. Your link got the most views this last week so I will be featuring it on my blog tonight!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited to be featured! As soon as you post I'll be sure to link up to say I was featured! Thanks again! =]

      Delete
  10. Absolutely! I bookmarked your blog on my pages so I can remember to check back to your linky parties! =] Thanks for hosting! =]

    ReplyDelete